Asunto:[LEA-Venezuela] La Física es Quántica !!!
Fecha:Jueves, 1 de Mayo, 2008  08:44:43 (-0700)
Autor:Euro Murzi <murzie @...ve>

Physics: Quantum all the way

How does our classical world emerge from the counterintuitive principles of quantum theory? Can we even be sure that the world doesn't 'go quantum' when no one is watching?

Quantum mechanics is generally thought to govern objects such as individual atoms, not lumps of matter like these bridges, which contain tens of billions of atoms.

It is an ambitious goal. But Schwab, based at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, is one of several experimentalists seeking to probe one of the great conundrums of modern physics: the quantum–classical transition.

“There's good reason to believe that we are just as much part of the quantum world as are the tiny atoms and electrons that sparked quantum theory in the first place,”

Some physicists think that how quantum behaviour should be interpreted remains as unclear today as it was when Niels Bohr, Werner Heisenberg, Albert Einstein and others were developing (and arguing over) the theory. “This is an emotional issue,” says quantum technologist Chris Monroe from the University of Maryland in College Park. “Some insist that there is no problem; others insist that there must be an infinity of universes, each with their own classical description of a definite quantum state.”

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080430/full/453022a.html