Asunto:[LEA-Venezuela] Now available in English: Issue No. 25 of the Circular of the Network for Cooperation in Integrated Water Resource Management for Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean
Fecha:Domingo, 18 de Febrero, 2007  13:36:56 (-0300)
Autor:Andrei.JOURAVLEV <Andrei.JOURAVLEV @.....org>

Dear members of the list,

I would like to inform you that has become available a translation into English of issue No. 25 of the Circular of the Network for Cooperation in Integrated Water Resource Management for Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It includes materials on the following subjects:

- Ethical foundations of water legislation.
- Formulation of new regulatory frameworks for drinking water supply and sanitation services.
- Legal elements relevant to the relation between water resources and urban areas.
- Important ruling on indigenous water rights by the Supreme Court of Chile.
- Poverty, desertification and degradation of natural resources.
- Inter-American Water Day (IAWD).
- National Water Fund (FONAGUA) in Peru.
- 50th anniversary of the Colorado River Conference in Argentina.
- Water Councils by River Basins in Paraguay.

Issue No. 25 is available in the following formats:

- You can download it at:
http://www.eclac.org/drni/noticias/circulares/0/27520/Carta25in.pdf

- As an attachment to e-mail (only in PDF, less than 0.3 MB).

- Hard copy (printed) version by air mail (individual copies) free of charge while our extremely limited supplies last. Requests should be sent to Andrei.JOURAVLEV@..., INDICATING CLEARLY YOUR ADDRESS. ** Please, do NOT SEND REQUESTS TO THE LIST (DO NOT USE REPLY), but directly to Andrei.JOURAVLEV@... **

Hard copies, both for subscribers and for those who request them now, will be dispatched by the end of March.

We also have a very limited quantity of hard copies of previous issues (21 and 23) in English, available on request.

Yours sincerely,

Andrei S. Jouravlev
Economic Affairs Officer
Natural Resources and Infrastructure Division
Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)