Asunto:[LEA] IMPORTANTISIMO: URGENTE; EXTRA, EXTRA !!!: El Tendido Electrico por si mismo es NOCIVO PARA LA SALUD !!!!
Fecha:Lunes, 30 de Octubre, 2000  17:20:07 (-0400)
Autor:Jose Rafael Leal <trastor @..........net>

IMPORTANTISMO , URGENTE,

EXTRA, EXTRA !!!

ESTUDIO DE LA UNIVERSIDAD DEL ESTADO DE MICHIGAN DEMUESTRA QUE LOS CAMPOS
ELECTROMAGNETICOS PUEDEN CAUSAR EFECTOS BIOLOGICOS EN EL CUERPO HUMANO

16 de Octubre de 2000
EAST LANSING, Michigan.- Los campos electromagneticos, similares a aquellos
encontrados en los tendidos electricos que pasan sobre nuestras cabezas,
pueden tener un efecto biologico en las celulas humanas, un efecto que puede
contribuir al complejo proceso celular que lleva al cancer, lo demuestra un
estudio de la Universidad del Estado de Michigan, EE.UU.

--------------
--------------

Esto si que es UNA BOMBA contra el Tendido Electrico en La Gran Sabana, los
cables pasaran justo sobre la cabeza de miles de Pemones y de los criollos
de Santa Elena, y este tendido electrico es muy poderoso, tiene muchos
kilowatios que generaran un gran campo electromagnetico.

A ver que dice el Ministerio del Ambiente y Chavez ahora sobre el impacto de
esto en los Pemones y en TODA LA VIDA SILVESTRE por donde pasa el tendido
electrico en Imataca, Sierra de lema, Gran Sabana...

Intentare traducir este articulo completo al español hoy mismo para su
inmediata difusion a los cuatro puntos cardinales. a diestra y siniestra,
etc. etc.

Jose Rafael Leal

--------------------------------

SCICENTRAL NEWS ALERT
brought to you by [1]SciQuest.com

Generated for Rafael Leal
on Friday, 20-Oct-2000 09:33:47 AM EDT

Friday, October 20, 2000 Edition
----------------------

The Internet Source for Scientific Products
ENVIRONMENTAL & OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE

+ Study Shows Electromagnetic Fields Can Cause Biological
     Effects on the Human Body
http://www.msu.edu/unit/univrel/media/releases/oct00/electro.html
---------

MSU STUDY SHOWS ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS CAN CAUSE BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS ON THE
HUMAN BODY
10/16/00
EAST LANSING, Mich. - Electromagnetic fields, similar to those found in
overhead power lines, can have a biological effect on human cells, an effect
that could contribute to the complex cellular process that leads to cancer,
research at Michigan State University shows.

The work of James E. Trosko, a professor of pediatrics and human
development, and colleagues is published in the October issue of
Environmental Health Perspectives, the journal of the National Institute of
Environmental Health Sciences.

"Our studies have contributed to what many other studies have shown, and
that is that there is a biological effect of the energy imparted by
extremely low frequency EMF (ELF-EMF) on living systems," Trosko said. Until
now, he said, most studies on the biological and health effects of ELF-EMF
had been "inconclusive or contradictory."

"Until now, the weight of the theoretical and experimental evidence has
suggested that ELF-EMF did not have the ability to interact with genetic
material to damage it, thereby causing mutations, which we know can lead to
cancer," Trosko said.

Trosko and his colleagues studied the effects of ELF-EMF on mouse leukemia
cells that had the potential to mature into cells producing hemoglobin after
exposure to a chemical. Hemoglobin is the substance which is needed to bind
oxygen in blood.

They found that electromagnetic fields of 60 hertz and of strengths ranging
from .05 to 10 gauss interfered with the chemically induced maturation
process in the mouse cells and allowed the cells to continue to proliferate.

After four days of exposure, about 35 percent of the chemically treated
cells that were exposed to ELF-EMF showed these effects.

What Trosko and his colleagues found is that ELF-EMF is not a tumor
initiator, but rather a potential tumor promoter.

"ELF-EMF doesn't seem to mutate genes, which could convert a normal cell to
an 'initiated' cell," he said. "But it can turn them on and off at
inappropriate times, causing these initiated cells to proliferate when
normally they would just sit there quietly doing nothing."

"The whole point of our study was not to see if extremely low frequency EMF
causes cancer, but if it changes gene expression," Trosko said. "The bottom
line is we showed there is a biological effect of EMF as measured by
altering the expression of the hemoglobin-producing gene.

"I think it's important to note that there is a distinction between a
biological effect and a health effect. Just because I sit under a high power
transmission line, and just because that exposure might alter some
biological activity in my body, that doesn't automatically mean I'm going to
get cancer. And even if I should get cancer, it does not mean ELF-EMF had
anything to do with the production of that particular cancer."

Trosko pointed out that the process in which a cell changes from a regular,
healthy cell to a cancerous one is long and complex, involving different
molecular/biochemical steps.

"These initiated cells need promoting agents to bring about cancer," he
said. "They could be natural, such as hormones or chemicals in the food we
eat. Or they could be man-made chemicals, drugs or pollutants.

"Most importantly, in order to act as a tumor promoter, many conditions must
be met, including the ability of the promoter to overcome natural
suppressing effects on cell proliferation, timing of the exposure to the
promoter, absence of anti-promoters, and exposure for regular and long
periods of time."

Other members of Trosko's research team were Gang Chen, Brad L. Upham, Wei
Sun, Chia-Cheng Chang, all of the MSU Department of Pediatrics and Human
Development; Edward J. Rothwell and Kun-Mu Chen, of MSU's Department of
Electrical Engineering; and Hiroshi Yamasaki of the International Agency for
Research on Cancer in Lyon, France.

The work was funded by a grant from the Electrical Power Research Institute.

http://www.eListas.net/
Crea y administra tus propias listas de correo gratuitas, en español.