Asunto:[LEA-Venezuela] (En ingles) Statoil va por los grandes campos
Fecha:Jueves, 29 de Noviembre, 2001  16:35:45 (-0400)
Autor:Interfaz Amazonica <interfaz @.....net>

Statoil mandara una organizacion de 100 expertos geologos a explorar
Venezuela, entre otros paises...
------------------------

Title:   Statoil Going for Large Fields

global exploration unit in Statoil (NYSE:STO) encompassing around 100
geologists will be established before the end of the year.

----
Source:  PrimeZone Media Network
Date:  11/28/2001 08:36
Price:  Free
Document Size:  Very Short (408 words)
Document ID:  FB20011128560000234
Subject(s):  Pmz; Brazil; Executive; Exploration; Iran; Kazakhstan; Norway;
Oil; President; Technology; Venezuela

----

----

Statoil Going for Large Fields

----

Story Filed: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 8:36 AM EST

OSLO, Norway, Nov. 28, 2001 (PRIMEZONE via COMTEX) -- A new global
exploration unit in Statoil (NYSE:STO) encompassing around 100 geologists
will be established before the end of the year.

The new unit will be responsible for accessing and proving new high
potential acreage worldwide based on the best possible utilization of the
group's exploration resources.

''Statoil has a very experienced team of geo-personnel. By bringing the
various teams together in one organization we will lay the basis for
increased efficiency and enhanced creativity,'' said Richard Hubbard,
executive vice president for International Exploration & Production (INT).

The new exploration unit has been established on the basis of
recommendations by a working group consisting of representatives from
Exploration & Production Norway (EPN), INT and Technology (TEK). The new
global exploration unit (GEX) will report to E&P INT.

''Our targets in the exploration area are very ambitious. Consequently we
have to create an organization where we as a group make the most out of our
total expertise. Thus our exploration personnel will work as an integrated
team, regardless of whether they are evaluating the Norwegian continental
shelf (NCS) or areas elsewhere,'' said Mr Hubbard.

Around 100 exploration geologists will remain within the various areas on
the NCS. The reason for this is to maximize focus on enhanced recovery in
the core areas, and to develop the best solutions for the awarded areas.

"The new organization model will allow us to focus even better on
exploration and enhanced oil recovery in our core areas and awarded acreage
on the NCS. In addition the 17th licensing round and other new areas on the
NCS will benefit from the support of the broad experience within the GEX
organization. This way we will improve our position on the NCS, said Henrik
Carlsen, executive vice president for EPN.

The work within GEX will be organized in projects. Initially the projects
will be 17th round on the NCS, the Barents Sea (except the Tromso Patch core
area), global and regional screening, Venezuela, Kazakhstan, Iran and
Brazil.

The new organization will take effect from 1 January.

SUBJECT: Company Announcements

KEYWORDS: INTERNATIONAL, OIL

CONTACT:          Statoil, Oslo
                  Wenche Skorge, Vice President for media relations
                  Tel. +47 51 99 79 17/+47 918 70 741
DELIVERED BY PRIMEZONE MEDIA NETWORK 800-307-6627

Copyright (c) 2001. PrimeZone Media Network, Inc.

KEYWORD:          Oslo, NO
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: 0
                  0
SUBJECT CODE:     COA
                  Company Announcements
                  INTERNATIONAL
                  OIL

Copyright © 2001, PrimeZone Media Network, all rights reserved.

You may now print or save this document.

http://www.eListas.net/
Crea y administra tus propias listas de correo gratuitas, en español.