Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 1455/05 - Latin American Network - IGU
Fecha:Miercoles, 16 de Noviembre, 2005  01:14:59 (-0300)
Autor:Centro Humboldt <humboldt @...........ar>

NCeHu 1455/05

Dear Colleagues,

During its 23-27 October meeting, the Executive Committee of IGU deeply evaluated the activity carried out, and the criteria adopted, by the Regional Networks. In this framework, unanimous strong appreciation was expressed to the Latin American Network for its ability to disseminate information and to promote collaboration in the Latin American world, and to keep in close touch with the EC with the EC in order to optimise the outcomes of integrating approaches and initiatives. In many respect, this network may be regarded as a model for the implementation of the IGU activity on the regional scale.
On behalf of the whole EC, and also on a personal basis, I would thank you very much, and I would express the hope that our joint work could lead to increasingly better outcomes.
Finally, I would cordially invite you to send me a short text (no more than 1,000 words) on the Network outcomes and prospects. It will be hosted in the 3rd Issue of the E-Newsletter. Deadline: December 15.
Best wishes,
Adalberto

Adalberto Vallega
President, International Geographical Union
Department Polis
The University of Genoa
Stradone di S. Agostino 37
16123 Genoa, Italy