Inicio > Mis eListas > humboldt > Mensajes

 Índice de Mensajes 
 Mensajes 2367 al 2386 
1213/03 - Inundaci Humboldt
1212 - Postgrades Humboldt
1214/03 - RECHERCH humboldt
1215/03 - Geografi humboldt
1216/03 - Los Reto Humboldt
1217/03 - Metodolo Humboldt
1218/03 - INSCRIPC Humboldt
1219/03 - Alexande Humboldt
1220/03 - Ideas y Humboldt
1221/03 - Investig Humboldt
1222/03 - Intercul Humboldt
1223/03 - Studying Humboldt
Dirección de Dpto. Departam
1224/03 - FLACSO: Humboldt
1226/03 - Studying Humboldt
1225/03 - CRISIS S Humboldt
1227/03 - Los Fact Humboldt
1228/03 - Studying Humboldt
1229/03 - Geograph Humboldt
1230/03 - Pobreza Humboldt
 << 20 ant. | 20 sig. >>
Noticias del Cehu
Página principal    Mensajes | Enviar Mensaje | Ficheros | Datos | Encuestas | Eventos | Mis Preferencias

Mostrando mensaje 2569     < Anterior | Siguiente >
Responder a este mensaje
Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 1212 - Postgrades at Glasgow Caledonian University
Fecha:Domingo, 23 de Noviembre, 2003  11:24:30 (-0300)
Autor:Humboldt <humboldt>


NCeHu 1212


Research Degrees

Opportunities for research leading to the higher degrees of MPhil or PhD of Glasgow Caledonian University are available in all departments on a full-time or part-time basis. There are currently 370 research students within the University. The period of registration for an MPhil ranges from a minimum of 1½ years full-time to a maximum of 4 years on a part-time basis, with a PhD programme requiring between 2¾ years and 6 years of study.

Prospective candidates should normally hold a good honours degree in a subject appropriate to their research topic but equivalent professional qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered under the University's policy of accreditation of prior experiential learning. All research proposals leading to registration for the award of MPhil or PhD are considered by the University's Research Degrees Committee as part of the quality assurance procedures and to ensure that students are adequately supervised during their periods of research.

A number of research studentships are available in the University for a period of three years. Each studentship gives successful applicants a maintenance grant of £6,800 (2000/2001), access to all University facilities and entitlement to apply for registration for an MPhil or PhD. These are advertised in the local and national press. In addition, a limited number of grants may be available from the research councils and for overseas students through the Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme (ORSAS). Students may also undertake research, either full-time or part-time, on a self-funding basis.

Research Fees 2001-2002

  • EU Full Time £2805.00 per annum
  • EU Part Time £800.00 per annum
  • Non EU Full Time £6875.00 per annum
  • Offshore Based (non EU) £1500.00 per annum

Offshore (non-EU) students are those who attend the University for six weeks per annum, the minimum time required under the University regulations. They register on a part-time basis.

Students interested in pursuing research in a specific subject, on either a full-time or part-time basis, may approach departments directly to discuss possibilities. Alternatively, a research application form may be obtained from the Admissions Office.

The University encourages part-time study, particularly in collaboration with employers and has been involved in Teaching Company Schemes. The University also collaborates with various industrial, professional, commercial and educational establishments in the Glasgow area and further afield in the UK and overseas.

Application form in pdf format.


The Academic Secretariat
Tel: 0141 331 3768

Last updated: 31 August 2001
Edited by: