Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 1102/03 - Stdying in Papua New Guinea
Fecha:Domingo, 26 de Octubre, 2003  11:55:38 (-0300)
Autor:Humboldt <humboldt @............ar>

Ataque radial

NCeHu 1102/03

UNIVERSITY OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA

The diversity of Papua New Guinea's uniquely rich cultures and traditions, many tribes and over 800 languages, flora and fauna (10 % of which is endemic), coupled with a famous slogan, "The Land of the Unexpected" is enough an urge to visit this website. The University of Papua New Guinea is your window to learn about the unique characteristics of this strikingly beautiful vibrant and colourful country that is not only rich in natural resources but also rich in the culture of her mostly Melanesian people.

Our Mission

to be the premier university, making available quality education, research and service to Papua New Guinea and the Pacific.

University Profile

Our university has grown from strength-to-strength in 35 years since its establishment in 1965 and graduated over 15,000 people, among them Prime Ministers, Ministers, bureaucrats, doctors, entrepreneurs, judges, scientists and many others from our own shores, the Pacific and other countries. UPNG has also assumed the responsibility of educating in excess of 15,000 students annually in Port Moresby campuses, five Open Campuses and 13 Study Centres.

As a member of the Commonwealth Universities, our quest for excellence and merit sees no limit.

Academic programs have gone through reviews and match that of other universities throughout the world. UPNG emphasis on quality and continue to review quality of its programs in medicine, health sciences, physical and natural sciences, law, business, humanities and social sciences.

We are moving ahead in a new direction determined by a well research Strategic Plan.

The university has also achieved new benchmarks in a number of areas under organisational restructure.

·         Introduced a Grade Point Average system equal to other international universities to assess our students’ progress;

·         Introduced the Problem Based Learning (PBL) program, internationally accepted curriculum for medical schools and universities;

·         Developing residential facilities for our international students;

·         Embarking on collaborative research agreements with other international institution in medicinal plants and animals and other research programs through the Research and Postgraduate Studies Centre or schools; and.

·         Involve in Students Exchange Programs with other universities.

UPNG is located in the heart of Port Moresby situated on two campuses.  The administrative headquarters is situated on a 405-hectare site at Waigani, a suburb of Port Moresby; the Taurama Campus occupies a seven-hectare site at Korobosea, next to the Port Moresby General Hospital, approximately seven kilometres from the Waigani Campus.

UPNG has study centres in a numbers province which deliver distance programs supported by five Open Campuses and a 19 hectare multi-disciplinary marine research station situated several kilometres outside Port Moresby serviced by a boating centre located offshore.

UPNG offer undergraduate and graduate degree, diploma certificate programs in more than 30 majors in the four major schools of study. The programs Biological Sciences, Environmental Science & Physical Geography, Chemistry, Geoscience, Mathematics, Physics, Art & Design, Performing Arts, English Communication, Language and Communication, Literature, History, Religious Studies, Gender Studies, Geography, Information and Communication Sciences, Political Science, Psychology, Anthropology and Archaeology, Social Work, Law, Commerce, Economics, Business Studies, Immunology, Histopathology, Haematology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Chemical Pathology, Pharmacy, Public Health, Management, Nursing and Clinical Nursing, Internal Medicine, Child Health, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Surgery, Dental Therapy, Medical Imaging, Anaesthesia, Dermatology, Psychiatry, and Ophthalmology.

We live by one of our objective as expressed in the University Act – “to be dedicated to the pursuit, advancement and dissemination of knowledge, understanding and wisdom”.

Contact Information

Telephone
+ 675 326 7200
FAX