Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 1085/03 - Dear Latin Americanist Friends and Colleagues
Fecha:Sabado, 25 de Octubre, 2003  21:13:40 (-0300)
Autor:Humboldt <humboldt @............ar>

> 1085/03
>
> Dear Latin Americanist Friends and Colleagues:
>
>         On behalf of the Stone Center for Latin American Studies at Tulane
University, I am pleased to invite you to attend a day-long dissemination
workshop on Saturday, December 6, 2003, in New Orleans at Tulane University.
The theme of the workshop is Teaching Latin America in the 21st Century.
Over the past three years, we have been conducting an evaluation and an
assessment of trends in Latin American Area Studies and its relationship to
curriculum and would like to share the findings of our work with you.  Over
these past three years, in addition to undertaking an internal evaluation of
our Latin American Studies curriculum at Tulane, we have invited a number of
external consultants from the Latin Americanist academic community to visit
Tulane, to review our program and curriculum, and to make a formal
presentation of their thoughts on the future of Latin American Area Studies
as a field of intellectual inquiry and academic work.  We are now finalizing
our synthesis o
>  f this evaluation which we would like to share with you.
>         The workshop will consist of a morning session and an afternoon
session on Saturday, December 6, 2003.  During the morning session, select
faculty and staff affiliated with the Stone Center at Tulane will host a
roundtable panel session during which the topics of integrated curriculum
design (at the secondary, post-secondary, and advanced graduate training
levels), area studies pedagogy, program administration and development,
relevant Latin American area studies content trends in the current global
and local environments, and outreach initiatives will be presented and
discussed.  The afternoon session will be a moderated, participatory session
during which time participants will be able to integrate the ideas generated
in the morning session with their own particular institutional and academic
contexts, strategizing about both design and implementation of an effective,
innovative, and forward-thinking Latin American area studies curriculum.
>         The Stone Center will also host for all participants a continental
breakfast on Saturday and a small wine/cheese reception at the end of the
activities.
>         If you are interested in attending this workshop, please be in
touch with me as soon as possible so that I can communicate to you further
details of the workshop.  Please also feel free to forward this announcement
to any other person you feel might benefit from attending and participating
in this workshop.
>         I will look forward to hearing from you presently.
>
> Sincerely,
>    Jimmy Huck

> James D. Huck, Jr., Ph.D.
> Assistant Director and Graduate Advisor
> Stone Center for Latin American Studies (http://stonecenter.tulane.edu)
> Tulane University                                 Phone: (504) 862-3148
> 100 Jones Hall                                        Fax: (504) 865-6719
> New Orleans, LA 70118-5698              Email: jhuck@...
> Info by Dr. David Robinson

                    !!!  ATENCION WEBMASTERS !!!

      ¿Quieres ganar dinero con el mejor programa de afiliados?

             !!Unete a la página más grande especializada en
               contactos y amistades hispana en Internet!!

Haz clic aquí -> http://elistas.net/ml/126/