Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 249/03 - Dear Latin Americanist Friends and Colleagues
Fecha:Viernes, 24 de Octubre, 2003  19:08:03 (-0300)
Autor:humboldt <humboldt @...............ar>

CeHuNews 249/03

Dear Latin Americanist Friends and Colleagues:

         On behalf of the Stone Center for Latin American Studies at Tulane
 University, I am pleased to invite you to attend a day-long dissemination
 workshop on Saturday, December 6, 2003, in New Orleans at Tulane University.
 The theme of the workshop is Teaching Latin America in the 21st Century.  Over

 the past three years, we have been conducting an evaluation and an assessment
of
 trends in Latin American Area Studies and its relationship to curriculum and
 would like to share the findings of our work with you.  Over these past three
 years, in addition to undertaking an internal evaluation of our Latin American

 Studies curriculum at Tulane, we have invited a number of external consultants

 from the Latin Americanist academic community to visit Tulane, to review our
 program and curriculum, and to make a formal presentation of their thoughts on

 the future of Latin American Area Studies as a field of intellectual inquiry
and
 academic work.  We are now finalizing our synthesis
  f this evaluation which we would like to share with you.
         The workshop will consist of a morning session and an afternoon session

 on Saturday, December 6, 2003.  During the morning session, select faculty and

 staff affiliated with the Stone Center at Tulane will host a roundtable panel
 session during which the topics of integrated curriculum design (at the
 secondary, post-secondary, and advanced graduate training levels), area studies

 pedagogy, program administration and development, relevant Latin American area

 studies content trends in the current global and local environments, and
 outreach initiatives will be presented and discussed.  The afternoon session
 will be a moderated, participatory session during which time participants will

 be able to integrate the ideas generated in the morning session with their own

 particular institutional and academic contexts, strategizing about both design

 and implementation of an effective, innovative, and forward-thinking Latin
 American area studies
 curriculum.
         The Stone Center will also host for all participants a continental
 breakfast on Saturday and a small wine/cheese reception at the end of the
 activities.
         If you are interested in attending this workshop, please be in touch
 with me as soon as possible so that I can communicate to you further details of

 the workshop.  Please also feel free to forward this announcement to any other

 person you feel might benefit from attending and participating in this
 workshop.
         I will look forward to hearing from you presently.

 Sincerely,
    Jimmy Huck

 James D. Huck, Jr., Ph.D.
 Assistant Director and Graduate Advisor
 Stone Center for Latin American Studies (http://stonecenter.tulane.edu)
 Tulane University                                 Phone: (504) 862-3148
 100 Jones Hall                                        Fax: (504) 865-6719
 New Orleans, LA 70118-5698              Email: jhuck@...
 Info by Dr. David Robinson

Visita nuestro patrocinador:
         ¿Deseas conocer a alguien al otro lado del mundo...?
                ¿...al otro lado de la esquina?
                  ¿Deseas hacer nuevos amigos?
  !!Conoce la mayor red de contactos y amistades hispana en Internet!!
Haz clic aquí -> http://elistas.net/ml/117/