Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 999/03 - Latin American Research Review
Fecha:Martes, 2 de Septiembre, 2003  11:11:24 (-0300)
Autor:Humboldt <humboldt @............ar>

NCeHu 999/03

Latin American Research Review

I just received the latest edition of the Latin American Research Review (LARR), vol. 38, no. 2.  To my surprise, two of our members (CLAG) had excellent articles therein, Dan Klooster, "Campesinos and Mexican Forest Policy during the Twentieth Century," and Joseph L. Scarpaci, "Architecture, Design, and Planning: Recent Scholarship on Modernity and Public Spaces in Latin America."  If that wasn't enough, I noticed that Antoinette M.G.A. WinklerPrins (with Hugh Raffles) has "Further Reflections on Amazonian Environmental History: Transformations of Rivers of Streams," coming out in the next issue!  I then read the Foreword by the new LARR editor, Peter M. Ward, a Geographer at the University of Texas, but associated with the Department of Sociology and the LBJ School of Public Affairs, who noted that less than 5% of all submissions to the journal come from geographers, while only 40% of all submitted articles make it to the second round of peer review.  If you do the math, you can see that geographers in general and CLAG members in particular have excelled.  Vaya vaya!

Best, Karl Offen