Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 28/02
Fecha:Domingo, 20 de Enero, 2002  00:07:29 (-0300)
Autor:Humboldt <humboldt @............ar>

Hay una fiesta4th Annual Field Studies
 in Geography and Earth Sciences
(July 14 - August 6, 2002)
Galapagos Islands, Andes Mountains
and Tropical Rainforest of Ecuador

Dear Educators and Friends of Science,
You, your colleagues and college students are cordially invited to participate in a Field Studies Program in Geography and Earth Sciences to be conducted in the Galapagos Islands, Andes Mountains and Tropical Rainforest of Ecuador from July 14 to August 6, 2002. This is a special three week off-campus course that provides upper division undergraduate or graduate level semester credits at Eastern Illinois University.
Participants enroll in Geography 4998 or Earth Science 4998 for 5 semester credits for the summer program and may optionally enroll in the fall semester in an additional 3 semester credits of related research in Geography 4996 or Earth Science 4996 for a total of 8 semester credits possible. Prerequisite for the program is one geography course or earth sciences course or permission of the instructor.

The geography and earth science of human-land interactions are examined in the tropical rainforest of the Ecuadorian Amazon, in the high Andes Mountains, and on the Galapagos Islands located 600 miles off the coast ofSouth America. Course enrollment will be limited to a maximum of 15 participants. To secure a place on the trip, a deposit of $150 should accompany the attached short application form as soon as possible but not later than March 30. The $3085 balance of the registration fee ($3235) is due April 12, 2002. University tuition is additional.

A passport is required for this trip. Participants should consult with
their physician regarding recommended immunizations for travel outside the United States. If you have questions please call me Betty Smith, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Geography at (217) 581-6340 or e-mail (cfbes@eiu.edu). I am excited about our South America program in geography and earth sciences. It was a huge success last summer. I hope you will be able to join us for the summer 2002 program. Visit internet web site for photos & information http://www.eiu.edu/~geoscience/ecuador.html

Dr. Betty Smith, Associate Professor of Geography
Department of Geology and Geography
Eastern Illinois University
Charleston, IL  61920

Office 217 581 6340