Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 824/03 - Welcome to Daugavpils University
Fecha:Martes, 24 de Junio, 2003  11:24:58 (-0300)
Autor:Humboldt <humboldt @............ar>

NCeHu 824/03

Welcome to Daugavpils University

Latvia - East Europe

Dear International Student,
Welcome to Daugavpils University and Daugavpils. We really hope that your stay here will be stimulating and enriching. We welcome every foreign student and your presence here adds to the quality of the University.
Universities have occupied, and hopefully will continue to occupy, a position above political, religious, and national strife. In a university freedom of thought and expression must reign. Our hopes for peace must be based on a free interchange of ideas, research and scholars in a truly international and multicultural university.
Living abroad, working, or studying at a university in another country is surely an adventure and many times quite a challenge. The International student handbook tries to answer some of the questions that may arise when being admitted to study at Daugavpils University, Daugavpils, Latgale region, Latvia. It provides you with some practical information to make your day-to day life in Daugavpils easier.
Very welcome to Daugavpils!