Asunto:NoticiasdelCeHu 112/09 - Australia - 7th International Conference on Geomorphology ( 6-11 de julio de 2009 )
Fecha:Domingo, 15 de Febrero, 2009  16:11:55 (-0300)
Autor:Noticias del CeHu <ncehu @..................ar>

NceHu 112/09

Melbourne/ Australia

7th International Conference on Geomorphology
6 - 11 July 2009
Dear friends and colleagues,

It gives me great pleasure to invite all of you to attend the Seventh International Conference on Geomorphology in Melbourne.

This will be the first time our international conference has been held in the Southern Hemisphere, and we are working hard to make sure that all delegates have the chance to learn about, and experience first-hand, some of our fascinating antipodean landscapes.

The conference will be held in a brand-new, environmentally-certified Convention Centre, located on the banks of the Yarra River, in the popular Southbank precinct of the city of Melbourne. Fine accommodation, dining, shopping, and entertainment are all available close to the conference venue.

The Organising Committee has been working hard to develop a wide-ranging scientific program, and we are very grateful to those of you who have proposed scientific sessions or who have agreed to be session convenors. Our conference theme '*Ancient Landscapes - Modern Perspectives' *reflects our location, but the program will be very wide ranging. Not least this is because our colleagues in New Zealand are very much involved in conference organization, and are offering delegates the opportunity to join fieldtrips to their own very different and tectonically-active landscapes.

I think that this will be a very exciting conference, and an important chance for all of us to meet, discuss research issues in geomorphology, and maintain or initiate international collaborations. The host organization, the Australian and New Zealand Geomorphology Group, and the members of the Organising Committee, very much look forward to welcoming you all to Melbourne in July 2009.

Best wishes,

Brian Finlayson,
*Chair, Local Organising Committee*

Clarisse Lacerda Mata