Asunto:[dxcolombia] Ham Radio Delux - novedades
Fecha:Miercoles, 21 de Septiembre, 2011  16:32:11 (-0300)
Autor:LU5FF - Javier <lu5ff @.........ar>

Hola gente comparta la siguiente info
que ser¡ de interés para los usuarios del HRD

saludos

Javier LU5FF

Three Hams Purchase HRD Suite Source and Rights

Tampa FL, St. Paul MN, Pittsburgh PA - September 19, 2011 - Mike Carper (WA9PIE), Randy Gawtry (K0CBH) and Rick Ruhl (W4PC) have acquired the source and rights to the Ham Radio Deluxe suite of software. The trio plans to continue the improving the best ham radio package available.

“Simon has done a fantastic job with this software. His vision for integrating rig control, rotor control, logging, digital modes, and satellite operations into a single integrated feature-rich software suite has captivated the ham radio community. We’d like to see this product continue in a way that respects the hard work put into this package by Simon and others,” said Mike Carper. “Maintaining that vision, while delivering timely fixes and feature enhancements in the future, will be the number one priority.”

“After many years writing the HRD software it’s necessary to take a break and hand the whole project over to another team,” said Simon Brown (HB9DRV). “The support effort required has become more than I can realistically manage – with many thousands of users, new radios and other hardware appearing all the time and unexpected changes to the infrastructure used by HRD such as QRZ.com I no longer have any time at all for other projects. As some of you will know I have formed a company SDR-RADIO.com GmbH and am now working in the Software Defined Radio arena with RFspace. This is the technology of the future; a future which I want a part of. In 2012 I plan to return to England and get back on the air, something I haven’t done much during the last 25 years.”

The trio is in the process of building a development environment for HRD and plans to begin by addressing some of the bugs in the existing “To Do List” for an upcoming 5.1 release. The 5.1 release will be made available at no charge to registered users when completed.

All three principals have more than 25 years of experience with radio data communications. Rick Ruhl is the president of W4PC Software, Inc. whose products include the PakRatt, PKTerm and Radio Operations Center software suites. Randy Gawtry is the president of Timewave Technology Inc. whose products include the PK and DSP families of data controllers and other commercial data products. Mike Carper is an experienced Fortune 500 technology executive, educator, and featured speaker in the areas of wireless technologies and IT Service Management.

WA9PIE is on the web at
http://www.wa9pie.net/hamradio

Timewave Technology is on the web at http://www.timewave.com

W4PC Software is on the web at
http://www.w4pcsoftware.com

BeRuby te regala un euro!
- SOLO PARA ESPAÑA - En BeRuby puedes ganar dinero haciendo lo que ya haces en la red
beruby