Asunto:[dxcolombia] "WINMOR" , PACTOR, AMTOR etc.
Fecha:Lunes, 18 de Enero, 2010  11:58:03 (-0500)
Autor:Bob <hk1aa.dx @.....com>

Salo, a propósito de los sistemas como AMTOR, PACTOR, SISTOR que hablábamos ayer, me llegó este correo de 9Z4BM, en el cual habla del nuevo protocolo de comunicaciones de Septiembre de 2008. No como conversábamos de que eran muy antiguo, que estaban en desuso, etc

Ahora hablamos del "WINMOR"

Rober
HK1AA

 Hi all ...... I see all the discussion on the PTC with Pactor III etc
...........How much of you guys here know about WINMOR ????

http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR

*" WINMOR*, by Rick Muething KN6KB of the Winlink Development Team, is a new
HF radio transmission protocol for the Winlink 2000 system. WINMOR was
introduced at the 2008 ARRL / TAPR Digital Communications
Conference<
http://www.tapr.org/dcc.html>in Chicago on September 26-28,
2008. Unlike PACTOR, only a simple computer
soundcard-to-radio interface is required, and it will run as a "virtual TNC"
with Paclink and RMS software. Also unlike PACTOR, it will be fully
documented and without restrictions or license issues preventing anyone from
using the protocol in other software. It will have at least three modes,
ranging from 200 to 2000 Hertz in bandwidth, and will provide raw speeds
ranging from 125 to at least 1875 bits per second.

WINMOR will *NOT* replace Pactor but be used in addition to Pactor. The RMS
HF will be able to operate BOTH WINMOR and Pactor (1-3) but not simultaneous
connections. While WINMOR may not equal P2 and P3 in total performance it
will provide lower cost, higher performance and more robustness than P1. The
primary applications will be for those lower usage Emcomm applications which
have trouble justifying the high cost and low utilization of the P2 and P3
modem. "

Leon Singh - 9Z4BM
http://9z4bm.tripod.com/
http://9z4bm-hamradio.tripod.com/

I am able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me .