Asunto:[dxcolombia] Los Invito al HFPACK HF Portable HF Pack News HF Antennas Mobile Emergency Ham Radio Communications DX NVIS QRP.htm
Fecha:Lunes, 16 de Noviembre, 2009  13:12:33 (-0500)
Autor:Pclaver Telecom <pclaver @...........co>

HFPACK HF Portable HF Pack News HF Antennas Mobile Emergency Ham Radio Communications DX NVIS QRP

Esto va para los amantes de la radioaficion portable,QRP.

HFPACK
GROUPS
FORUMS

NEWS
INFO
ON THE AIR
JOIN
HFPACK

IONOSPHERE
PROPAGATION
HFPACK MEMBER STORE
HFPACK HOME
(c) The HFpack Man (tm)
HFPACK GROUP
HFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STOREHFPACK GEAR STORE
 HF Portable - Mobile - Emergency Communications - International Resource for Amateur Radio - Information Exchange - Nets - Ionospheric Propagation
Member Store
Join HFpack 8000+ Members
HFpack Groups
and Web Forums

HFpack Video Group YouTube
News and Info
Nets Skeds  Frequencies
Articles
HF Antenna Shootouts
HFpacker Photos
HFpack Hall of Fame World Records for Long Distance Human to Human HF Communications
Equipment
Ionosphere Maps  Propagation
Meet the  Moderators
About HFpack
Customer Support

HFPACK
HAMFEST
FREQS

HFpack daytime 18157.5kHz USB
or
14342.5kHz USB
HFpack Mobile In Route, Motel, and evenings
5371.5kHz USB
or
5403.5kHz USB
HFpack VHF FM Simplex Intercom Freqs:
144.300MHz or

51.000MHz
PL tone=151.4

Official HFpack Member Store
HFPACK MEMBER STORE
As an HFpack Member, you can support HFpack by wearing an HFpack T-shirt or hat at hamfests or when operating portable. Show your HF spirit! For members, there are HFpack bumper stickers, HFpack radio gear bags, and all the HFpack stuff you've seen HFpackers with in the field, at hamfests, and club meetings. These are now available online to HFpack members. Just a click of your mouse at the Official HFpack Member Store. Over 100 cool items, including clocks, mugs, field notebooks, camo/green stuff, accessory bags, buttons, stickers, mousepads, frequency list stickers, license plate frames, and many other things for your shack or portable operation.  Great for gifts... Immediate delivery... fast shipping.
HFPACK MEMBER STORE

HFpack News
Dayton Hamvention 2009 HFpack Events and Info
HFpack Dayton Annual Eyeball QSO Rally
"Largest gathering of HF backpack operators in the world"
12:30pm to 1:30pm Saturday May 16
Location: Hara Arena main entrance (awning)

HFpackers Annual Eyeball QSO Rally
HFpack Dayton Portable Pedestrian Mobile Net
"Huge Net of HF Portable Ops"
1:00pm Saturday May 16
(1700 UTC)
18157.5 kHz USB --- Net Control: Mark KI0PF/PM
HFpack Portable Pedestrian Mobile Net
HFpack Dayton 60 Meter Net
Friday and Saturday Night
 9:30PM (
1330UTC)
Net Control: Oliver KB6BA/PM
5371.5 kHz USB alternate 5403.5 kHz USB
Oliver KB6BA/PM

Ken Chong WB6MLC, HFpack Events Director
Planning for HFpack Pacificon October 2009
By  Ken WB6MLC
HFpack Events Director

Howdy, planning for the next HFpack Forum at Pacificon 2009 has already begun. Last year (2008) the forum topic was HFpack Mobileering. What will it be this year? Your comments and suggestions are invited on the HFpack Forum
73 - Ken WB6MLC  "Get Out of the House"!

HFpack Video Group on YouTube HFpack Video Group
The HFpack Video Group is open for HFpack Members. Already, there are many HF Portable, Mobile, and Emergency Communication videos to see! The HFpack Video Group runs on YouTube, with free membership and open viewing. It is both informative and entertaining, so all HFpack members are encouraged to join and watch. You can see the videos on your computer, and upload your own videos to the HFpack Video Group. Please feel free to make text comments and post video replies of your own on the group.
HFPACK VIDEOS:
HF Backpack Operation
Emergency HF Portable Radio Systems
WA6UBE Comm Van, an Emergency Communications Vehicle
BS7H DXpedition set up on rocks in the pacific ocean
G0SBW Pedestrian Mobile operation at Spanish Beach
VR2/KQ6XA  DXpedestrian on mountaintop near Hong Kong
VA3SIE/PM in FYBO Pedestrian HF in the snow
KI4KQQ HF Backpack operating at Matlacha Isles Florida
EA8/DL1KVN Portable QRP mountain top on Island La Palma

Homebuilt DC Gas Generator
Setting up portable antennas really fast

HFpack Welcomes All New HF Operators
We are now witnessing one of the largest increases in HF operators in ham radio history in the past 50 years. The number of hams trying out portable HF is growing rapidly. This is the start of a huge boost to a new generation of  HF amateur radio operators... breathing new life into amateur radio for 2009!

Many operators and new hams have expressed their joy in finally being able to join the ranks of HFpack on HF, and are planning to take the tests for higher licenses. In the longstanding Amateur Radio and HFpack tradition, experienced HF ops will help and encourage our new wave of HF operators. Let's all show a wholehearted HFpack welcome... on the HF bands, on QRS CW, and with Elmer help on the group forums. Let's make 2009 a great year of growth for HFpack and ham radio!

HFpack Antenna Shootouts
The HFpack HF Portable Antenna Shootouts compare a variety of HF antennas for maximum gain and performance in the typical HF Portable Antenna environment, applicable to QRP and QRO power levels. The HFpack Antenna Shootouts have become a standard benchmark for HF portable and QRP operators. HFpack
is dedicated to furthering the state of the art for portable HF antennas and communications. For the QRP antenna ham operator, it is important to get the maximum signal radiated. Also, for QRO emergency portable operations, the antenna efficiency for a small antenna that can be set up on site is crucial to dependable HF and NVIS (Near Vertical Incidence Skywave) regional communications. A pedestrian antenna is an antenna that may be carried easily and set up quickly by the operator. The HFpack Pedestrian Shootouts measured pedestrian HF antenna systems to a fraction of a decibel, and the reports are presented as a service to radio operators around the world. Read more...
HFLINK.COM
HFPACK GEAR. The HFpack Gear Store.
HFpack 8000+ Members...
Will they gawk at your backpack?
Did you know there are several great nets every portable operator can check into on Saturday afternoon at the Dayton Hamvention? Ever worked a bunch of ancient 80meter AM phone HTs? How about classic mil FM 6meter packsets? Enjoy the fun, with the rest of the HFpack group while walking around the flea market on Saturday... Mark KI0PF gives you the inside scoop, in this next article.

Operating the Dayton Saturday Afternoon FM, AM, SSB Pedestrian/Portable Nets
by
Mark Francis KI0PF
HFpack Net Control
and author of the book:
"MIL SPEC RADIO GEAR"

Mil Spec Radio Gear by Mark Francis KI0PF
12:00 Noon is the AM Net on 3885kc AM... Any radio is okay, as long as the mode is good olde Amplitude Modulation. Vintage military gear (any country of origin) is especially appreciated. Joe WA4VAG will be Net Control, operating from his space (usually 3415). After the QSO, gather at his space for pix and ratchet-jawing. Those of you who are /PM (pedestrian mobile) during any of these nets, please try not to converge on the net control gathering spot until after the net check-ins are done [spread out... try walking around the flea market during the net] Mass de-sensing is not the object here :)
At 1:00PM of course, the HFpack Net is on 18157.5kc USB with Net Out-Of-Control yours truly for this one! If we happen to get hammered by QRM (you never know -- the bands are getting better), we'll use the alternate of 18117.5 USB.
At 2:00PM the Cold War Net is on 51.0Mc/s FM. Wideband or narrowband, we'll figure it out. Net control will be John K9WT. This net is primarily for military FM sets (any country of origin) from the Cold War period. Any radio that can hit 51.000MHz on 6 meters with an understandable sig is welcome [such as FT-817, IC-703, or HTs], and the older FM mil stuff is always appreciated.  Meet back at Joe's spot (around 3415) afterwards for yet more pix and swapping of lies if yer batteries (camera, radio, and tall-tale) haven't gone kaput by this time.
73 - Mark KI0PF

HFPROJECTS.COM

Meet the Moderators of HFpack Group
HFpack has become one of the largest fully-moderated groups of this kind in the world. It remains a high quality group because a team of skilled moderators makes it run smoothly and efficiently. Every day, the volunteer moderators read every message posted by members. They approve it, reject it, or clean it up before it goes out to the 8000+ members via email or the web. Moderators process new membership applications, and help members who are having problems with their messages or membership. Such a spammer-free and flame-free group would not be possible on the internet without the watchful eyes of these talented people. All of the moderators on the HFpack team possess a unique combination of technical expertise, HF portable radio knowledge, talent for writing/editing, and even-handed patience for interacting with people. Every moderator is also an active HF portable operator and radio enthusiast. We hope the new Meet the Moderators section of the HFpack website gives you a little insight behind the scenes, into the human beings that make HFpack Group an enjoyable experience.
Bonnie KQ6XA
Founder/Webmaster/Moderator
"I founded HFpack wondering if 25 operators in the world might be interested in lightweight HF Portable. 65 joined the first day and..." read more
Bonnie KQ6XA
Virgil K5OOR -Moderator
“I am happy to donate my time to help lift the quality of the HFpack forum high. My passion is the creation of home construction projects for the radio...” read more
Virgil K5OOR
Ken N0VZ -Moderator
"I first became interested in amateur radio as a means of emergency communications while hiking and four wheeling in the back country of..." read more
Ken N0VZ
Bob AB7ST -Moderator
"I became a DXer as KA7RF while stationed in Fukuoka, Japan. Now in Utah, USA, my portable activity even includes HF
Snowshoe Mobile and..." read more
Bob AB7ST
Sasi VK5SN -Moderator
“Starting out as VU3SNM in India, my work as a marine biologist has since taken me all over the world for remote HF portable on islands and..."
read more
Sasi VK5SN
John K6ERO-Moderator
“My first DX was Venezuela on 6 meters Pedestrian Mobile with an old FT-690RII at 2 Watts! From that point, I was hooked. I got into HF military packsets as...” read more
John K6ERO
Budd W3FF
-Backup Moderator

"My main interest is modular portable antennas. I've been operating HF walking portable for many years, and joined HFpack when..."
read more
Budd W3FF

Oliver KB6BA
-Hall of Fame Curator
“As an avid trail hiker, I began taking radio gear to hilltops, my Portable HF activity increased when I had HFpack friends to talk with while...” read more
Oliver KB6BA

Ken WB6MLC

-HFpack Events Director
--------------------------->
Ken puts out one of the biggest Pedestrian Mobile
signals on the West Coast USA. What's his secret?
Why not ask him what's in his pack sometime?
You can catch him on the air or on the HFpack Group.

HFpack is the International Resource for Amateur Radio HF Portable - Mobile - Emergency Communications - Ham Radio Information Exchange - Nets - Ionospheric Propagation.
HFpack is an international news organization.
HFpack provides an information exchange about transceivers, antennas, systems, High Frequency communications, QRP, HF packs, propagation, EMCOMM, new developments and

techniques in VHF and HF portable operation. Radio Amateurs are invited to participate in HFpack group forums and on-the-air nets around the world.
HFLINK is the International Resource for HF ALE Automatic Link Establishment - Ionospheric Propagation Research - High Frequency Communications - Emergency Communications.

Notice:
HFpack, HFpack Insignia, HFpack Logo, HFpack Compass, The HFpack Man, and HFpack Hall of Fame,
are all Trademarks of HFpack, Inc. All rights reserved.
HFLINK, HFLINK Logo, HFLINK ALE, and HFLINK Insignia are all Trademarks of HFpack, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Capture of the HFpack website or any part of it within the frame of another website is prohibited.
All of the the HFpack egroups are private member-only forums.
Public archiving of any or all of the HFpack email message groups or web posting groups is prohibited.
All text and images on the HFpack website are copyright protected and all images are property of HFpack Inc.

All rights reserved. No part of the HFpack website may be used without direct written permission of HFpack, Inc.
All links to the HFpack site must be only to the HFpack website home page HFPACK.COM  http://www.hfpack.com
©2009, 2008, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 HFpack, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

TOP

HFPACK HOME

END OF PAGE.