Asunto:[dxcolombia] YX0LIX Update as of April 26 -23:50 z
Fecha:Jueves, 27 de Abril, 2006  09:05:19 (-0400)
Autor:José Robaina M. (YV5TX - 4M5R) <jose.yv5tx @.....com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Esteban J. Romagni, MBA" <eromagni@...>
To: "Supressed"
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:07 PM
Subject: Ciceronyv RE: YX0LIX Update as of April 26 -23:50 z

YX0LIX Update:

As of  23:50z, I spoke again with the team via satellite phone, they got
word back from the Navy, the operation will come to an end by Friday morning
(April 28), they will have all stations ups until tomorrow night, then all
but 2 stations (probably 20 and 15 mts) will continue to operate until
sometime Friday morning.

The return vessel from the Venezuela Navy is in route to pick up the team,
and they will be transported back to Caracas around noon this Friday. The
team has experiences difficulties with propagation, but as of this email,
they have reached the 34,000-qso mark.

The transmissions of the logs have not been successful, so they have decided
to work on that as soon as they get back to Caracas, they are experiencing
the best propagation on the low bands, so keep trying, 6 mts have been up
and down with South America, and some Caribbean, but no much luck with the
USA.

I know some of you have asked me to relay the message about RTTY and any
digital operation, the team will not be on RTTY, due to the fact that Jose
YV5LIX was the one who was going to operate on that mode, and the rest of
the team is not experience enough with the equipment and the mode, they are
very sorry about this, but they all hope that you understand their reasons.

I will provide maybe a last update tomorrow at 00:00z.

73

Esteban
W4DTA / YV5DTA

         Compra o vende de manera diferente en www.egrupos.net