Asunto:[dxcolombia] Fw: The ARRL Letter, Vol 24, No 14
Fecha:Sabado, 9 de Abril, 2005  08:17:37 (-0400)
Autor:Kim & Steve Merrill <buck0 @.......net>

----- Original Message -----
To: <buck0@...>
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 6:44 PM
Subject: The ARRL Letter, Vol 24, No 14

> ***************
> The ARRL Letter
> Vol. 24, No. 14
> April 8, 2005
> ***************
>
> IN THIS EDITION:
>
> * +Amateur Radio a hit in TOPOFF 3 homeland security drill
> * +No balancing act for BPL, ARRL tells FCC
> * +Texas kids log 170th ham radio school QSO with ISS
> * +"Wireless literacy" is Big Project goal
> * +SKYWARN springs into action in Central Mississippi
> *  Solar Update
> *  IN BRIEF:
>      This weekend on the radio
>      ARRL Certification and Continuing Education course registration
>      Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Course registration
>     +FT5XO Kerguelen Island DXpedition logs nearly 68,000 contacts
>     +Digital Communications Conference issues call for papers
>     +Volunteers needed for endangered bat research
>      Michael Heiler, KA0ZLG, wins March QST Cover Plaque Award
>      Special event set for Visalia DX Convention
>
> +Available on ARRL Audio News <http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/audio/>;

> ==>Delivery problems (ARRL member direct delivery only!):
> letter-dlvy@...
> ==>Editorial questions or comments: Rick Lindquist, N1RL, n1rl@...
>
> ==>AMATEUR RADIO EARNS KUDOS FOR TOPOFF 3 PERFORMANCE
>
> The role of Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) volunteers in
Connecticut
> in this week's massive TOPOFF 3 exercise has drawn praise from the
American
> Red Cross, for which ARES provided virtually all radio communication.
> Sponsored by the US Department of Homeland Security and intended as a
> realistic test of the nation's homeland security system, TOPOFF 3's goal
was
> to push the system of first responders beyond its limits to find the weak
> spots. American Red Cross emergency services director Mario J. Bruno
> extolled ARES' performance.
>
> "Operators were there when we needed them, and messages got to where they
> were needed," he said in a note to ARRL Connecticut Section leadership.
"We
> [...]
> immediate aftermath, "hundreds of gory victims processed into the site to
> assume positions of death and agony." Pitts says Amateur Radio's real work
> only began in earnest after the media also drifted away, once the smoke
and
> simulated blood were gone.
>
> After ARES stood down from the drill late on April 6, ARRL Connecticut
> Section Manager Betsey Doane, K1EIC, and SEC Chuck Rexroad, AB1CR, said
they
> felt Amateur Radio acquitted itself very well during the drill.
>
> "The energy, enthusiasm and absolute dedication of all the volunteers for
> this event are a testament to the real dedication and teamwork in the
> Connecticut Section," Doane said in a statement thanking all who took
part.

> Rexroad agreed. "It's just been amazing," he said. "People came into this
> drill prepared and ready to stay. It was a very positive experience."
>
> Under the National Disaster Plan, the Red Cross has primary responsibility
> for mass care. ARES provided communication among all of the Red Cross
> emergency response vehicles (ERVs), mobile canteens, kitchen, headquarters
> and other sites the organization needed stay in touch with.
>
> In all, as many as 40 of the 150 ARES volunteers from Connecticut and
other
> states in the Northeast were deployed to the field at any given time, and
> everyone got to take part at some point. "Everybody had a job to do,"
> Rexroad said. "Everyone had at least one shift when they were able to get
on
> the radio and provide communications support."
>
> Doane also credited the ARRL Amateur Radio Emergency Communications
courses
> and other training with raising the overall level of operating skill--even
> among newer operators.
>
> "There were a few new people that were assigned to be observers, and
before
> the end of the drill ended up trained well enough to be an operator on an
> ERV," she said. "I have to tell you, I was impressed."
>
> TOPOFF 3 required participants to be ready for unexpected events, and the
> ARES operation was no exception. "The only big curveball we got thrown was
> when one of the judges decided they were going to take one of our
repeaters
> down," Rexroad explained. Connecticut ARES was able to promptly switch to
> backup. Ironically, a genuine repeater breakdown occurred just before the
> exercise got under way.
>
> Rexroad and Doane agreed that TOPOFF 3 not only was a success but a
helpful
> learning experience for ARES. "We learned a fair number of lessons, and
most
> of them were organizational, not technical, in nature," Rexroad remarked.
>
> Rexroad says Connecticut ARES also prepared to assist the Connecticut
Office
> of Emergency Management and actually activated several of its stations to
> show the state officials that it had the back-up coverage in case they
> needed it.
>
> A bioterrorism incident was the scenario in New Jersey--the only other
> TOPOFF 3 site. Emergency officials there not only were key to the
exercise,
> they had real problems owing to flooding in the northern part of the
state.
> ARES teams in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania participated in the
> flood emergency response and relief effort.
>
> Brian Fernandez, K1BRF, a Connecticut Assistant SM and ARES liaison to the
> Red Cross said Amateur Radio's performance in TOPOFF 3 did not go
unnoticed
> within the Department of Homeland Security. "Amateur Radio made a major
> contribution to the nation," he said, "and those who contribute to making
it
> safer and stronger and folks in the right places know it."
>
> ==>BPL IS NO BALANCING ACT, ARRL SAYS IN FCC FILINGS
>
> In filings before the FCC, the ARRL has again challenged some basic
> assumptions made by BPL proponents and included in the FCC's Report and
> Order (R&O) adopting new rules governing the deployment of broadband over
> power line (BPL) systems. The League took particular issue with any notion
> that a balancing test exists between BPL's purported public benefits and
its
> potential to interfere with licensed services.
>
> "There is no balancing to be done in the case of compatibility between
> unlicensed devices and licensed radio services," the ARRL asserted April 1
> in its Reply to Oppositions from Ambient Corporation and the United Power
> Line Council (UPLC). "Unlicensed devices are not entitled to operate if
they
> cause harmful interference to licensed radio services, and they cannot be
> authorized at all . . . if they have, as does BPL, a significant
> interference potential to licensed services." The League's remarks
> reiterated a point it's made in other FCC proceedings pitting unlicensed
> Part 15 devices against licensed services.
>
> The Reply to Oppositions comments mark the last opportunity for BPL
> stakeholders to comment in the FCC rule making proceeding that led to last
> October's R&O. In separate replies, the ARRL zeroed in on oppositions to
> petitions for reconsideration filed by Ambient, the UPLC, Current
> Technologies, three utilities--Ameren Energy Communications, Virginia
> Electric Power and Tucson Electric Power--Homeplug Power Line Alliance and
> Intellon.
>
> The ARRL targeted Ambient's stated assumption that the FCC's goal in the
> proceeding should be to "ensure that its interference protection rules and
> policies do not inadvertently hinder development and deployment" of BPL.
The
> League cited its own experiences with Ambient to make its point.
>
> "Ambient's priorities and spectrum manners are evident not only in [its]
> statement, but as well in its atrocious record of harmful interference and
> unresponsiveness to verified interference complaints in its BPL test
> operations," the ARRL said. It attached a copy of its latest interference
> complaint involving Ambient's Briarcliff Manor, New York, BPL pilot
project.
> "The interference to Amateur Radio communications at that site has been
> unresolved for a period of an entire year," the League emphasized.
>
> Ambient's Opposition filing, the League said, suggests the company
"believes
> that the potential future benefit of BPL justifies whatever harmful
> byproduct there is in terms of interference to licensed radio services."
But
> the Ambient pilot project, the ARRL continued, "form an obvious, empirical
> rebuttal" to the FCC's assertion in the R&O that BPL has a low
interference
> potential, and that BPL providers have some incentive to remedy BPL
> interference. "Both of these fundamental premises have proven false," the
> ARRL said.
>
> The ARRL also took issue with the UPLC's suggestion in its Opposition that
> the FCC's R&O "struck the right balance between protecting against
potential
> interference and promoting the public interest in BPL deployment." The
> League said previously stated FCC policy that radiated emission levels
> sufficiently low to prevent interference to licensed services rather than
> mitigating it after the fact have provided the basis for authorizing
> unlicensed RF devices such as BPL.
>
> Any "balancing test" with respect to BPL is improper, the ARRL concluded,
> adding that any future public benefits of unlicensed BPL systems "are
> irrelevant" under the Communications Act.
>
> Beyond that, BPL operators have a greater incentive to deny the existence
of
> any interference, harmful or otherwise, the ARRL said, "and so far, the
> Commission has given every indication that it will indulge them."
>
> "BPL providers are the beneficiaries of the Report and Order." Amateur
> licensees on the other hand, the ARRL said, "must bear the burden" the R&O
> creates, despite the fact that Amateur Radio is a licensed service.
>
> The ARRL says analyses by the National Telecommunications and Information
> Agency (NTIA) and others have shown that if a large number of BPL emitters
> is deployed, "they will raise the ambient levels of man-made noise
> worldwide." The League countered assertions that BPL is a point-source
> radiator for measurement purposes rather than a line-source radiator.
>
> The ARRL also urged BPL providers to seriously rethink the idea of using
BPL
> to carry emergency communications and provide utility company management
of
> the power grid. "BPL is entitled to no protection from interference at
all,
> and it can neither expect nor claim any such protection," the ARRL said,
> pointing to tests demonstrating that even low levels of RF can disrupt BPL
> transmissions.
>
> Copies of the League's Reply to Oppositions are on the ARRL Web site
> <http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/files/>;.
>
> ==>TEXAS YOUNGSTERS LOG 170TH ARISS SCHOOL GROUP QSO
>
> A group of elementary schoolers in Denton, Texas, used ham radio to quiz
> International Space Station Expedition 10 Commander Leroy Chiao, KE5BRW,
> about life in space March 29. The direct VHF contact between W5NGU at the
> Science Discovery Center at Pecan Creek Elementary School and NA1SS was
> arranged by the Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS)
> program. It marked the 170th ARISS school group contact since the first
crew
> came aboard the ISS in 2000. Chiao told the pupils he believes the
> development of human space travel will parallel the earlier development of
> air travel.
>
> "In the beginning of the airplane, there were only a few people that got
> fly in them, and now we've got air travel, it's pretty commonplace for
> everyone," Chiao replied. "The same thing's going to happen with space.
It's
> just taking a little bit longer because it's a little harder and a little
> more challenging to get up into space." Noting ventures under way to
> privatize space travel, Chiao said he thinks that's the direction human
> space flight will take in the future.
>
> Among other things, Chiao also told the kids that education is very
> important to becoming an astronaut. Most members of the NASA Astronaut
> Corps, he said, have advanced degrees, and training in various aspects of
> technology is ongoing. "We're always kind of in school," he remarked.
>
> One youngster wanted to know if the ISS crew members log all the new
things
> they see or learn during their duty tours for later study. Chiao said that
> some astronauts keep journals as part of one of the science experiments
> aboard the ISS.
>
> "I've been keeping a journal that I put in my thoughts maybe two or three
> times a week, depending on how much time I have, and those will be used
> later to study different social aspects of being on board a space station
> for so long," he said. Chiao and his Expedition 10 crewmate, cosmonaut
> Salizhan Sharipov of Russia, have been aboard the ISS since last October.
> They're due to return to Earth later this month.
>
> In all, the Pecan Creek students put 15 questions to Chiao before the ISS
> went out of range. At one point during the contact, Chiao looked out the
> window and observed that the spacecraft was passing directly over the
Dallas
> area. He commented that looking at Earth and taking photographs was a
> favorite spare-time activity aboard the ISS.
>
> Amateur satellite veteran Keith Pugh, W5IU, served as mentor for the ARISS
> contact. Members of the Denton County Amateur Radio Club, W5NGU, set up
the
> ground station equipment and handled control operator duties. They also
> arranged for other schools to view the contact live via amateur TV.
>
> About 50 parents and guests along with members of the school faculty
joined
> some 300 of the participating pupils' schoolmates to witness the contact.
> The Science Development Center contact got media coverage from two TV
> stations and two newspapers.
>
> ARISS <http://www.rac.ca/ariss/>; is an international educational outreach
> with US participation by ARRL, AMSAT and NASA.
>
> ==>"WIRELESS LITERACY" IS ARRL EDUCATION & TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM GOAL
>
> With some 130 schools now on board, the ARRL Education & Technology
Program
> (ETP)--also known as "the Big Project"--has set its sights on transforming
> the teaching of wireless technology in the US. ETP Coordinator Mark
Spencer,
> WA8SME, acknowledges that incorporating what he calls "wireless literacy"
> into the broader educational landscape is not something that will happen
> overnight. Even so, he believes the ETP not only can have a role in
> developing a favorable climate for wireless literacy and establishing it
as
> an educational mainstay but in ultimately setting academic standards.
> Spencer says reaching teachers first is key.
>
> "You've got to have a jazzed teacher," Spencer stresses, pointing out that
> many teachers remain uncomfortable with wireless technology and are
unaware
> of the best ways to teach it. To address this problem, the ETP last summer
> sponsored its first Teachers Institute on Wireless Technology, an
intensive
> weeklong, hands-on session aimed at getting the nine attendees up to speed
> on wireless and electronics technology basics and how to teach them.
>
> Expanding on the success of the inaugural institute, the ETP this year
will
> sponsor three sessions--two at ARRL Headquarters and one "on the road" in
> Ohio in July. The institutes at ARRL Headquarters will immerse two dozen
> educators from across the US in wireless technology--all expenses paid.
> Spencer plans to augment the 2005 Teachers Institutes with more radio
> operating experience, evening sessions and more hands-on and interactive
> projects.
>
> The ARRL Education & Technology Program recently kicked off its 2005
> fund-raising effort, and ARRL Chief Development Officer Mary Hobart,
K1MMH,
> says subsidizing the expansion of the Teachers Institute initiative is one
> facet of the current drive. She reports the ARRL Teachers Institute has
> leadership funding for 2005 with gifts from the Brandenburg Life
Foundation

<https://www.arrl.org/forms/development/donations/education/education.html>;.

> ==>SKYWARN ENDURES DAYLONG SIEGE IN CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI
>
> Wednesday, April 6, in Central Mississippi began with tornadoes, severe
hail
> and flooding, prompting activation of local SKYWARN, Amateur Radio
Emergency
> Service (ARES) teams and Amateur Radio volunteers. Members of the Jackson
> Amateur Radio Club (JARC) staffed the National Weather Service (NWS)
Jackson
> Forecast Office. Operations continued for more than 16 hours as a line of
> severe storms marched across Mississippi. The club's station, WX5JAN,
> handled a substantial number of warning statements, spotter and damage
> reports.
>
> "I think we did extremely well considering the length of the event and
> everything else that occurred," said JARC SKYWARN Coordinator, Robert
"Billy
> Bob" Sekul, N5XXX. This week's event marked the eighth SKYWARN activation
> since March 1.
>
> Within an hour of activation, an F3 tornado struck the Monterey area in
> Rankin County, injuring six residents, destroying 17 homes and damaging
many
> more. Smith County radio amateurs reported major damage in Mize after a
> tornado struck the community's K-12 school as students took shelter.
> Throughout the morning, reports of hail, funnel clouds and flooding
streamed
> into the station from counties across Central Mississippi.
>
> As another wave of severe storms moved through these same areas in the
> afternoon, operators continued to report funnel clouds, hail and flooding.
> Several JARC ARES members responded to the Central Mississippi Chapter of
> the American Red Cross to assist with damage assessment and other duties.
> During this second wave of storms, a nearby lightning strike forced the
> SKYWARN station off the air. Hurricane Watch Net Assistant Manager Bobby
> Graves, KB5HAV, served temporarily as alternate net control while the
> station recovered from the strike. Although the interruption was short
> lived, warnings and reports continued unabated.
>
> By late afternoon, a third round of storms moved through, hitting many of
> the same areas. Again, reports of hail, funnel clouds and flooding
continued
> until operations ceased at 10:30 PM. SKYWARN is a voluntary program
> developed by the NWS to improve its severe weather warning program.--Ben
> Jones, AC5SU
>
> ==>SOLAR UPDATE
>
> Solar swami Tad "SPF-15" Cook, K7RA, Seattle, Washington, reports:
Sunspots,
> solar flux and geomagnetic numbers all averaged out to a slight rise this
> past week over the previous period. Average daily sunspot numbers rose
more
> than 5 points to 39.4, and average daily solar flux was up more than 2
> points to 82.5.
>
> Sunspot numbers and solar flux are expected to decline very slowly for the
> rest of April. Sunday, April 10, looks like a day for possibly unsettled
> active geomagnetic conditions.
>
> Sunspot numbers for March 31 through April 6 were 22, 26, 30, 38, 54, 56
and
> 50, with a mean of 39.4. The 10.7 cm flux was 76.7, 78.3, 80.2, 81.1,
84.8,
> 88.3 and 88, with a mean of 82.5. Estimated planetary A indices were 9, 8,
> 4, 6, 17, 48 and 11, with a mean of 14.7. Estimated mid-latitude A indices
> were 5, 6, 1, 4, 11, 30 and 7, with a mean of 9.1.
>
> A more detailed edition of Solar Update appears Fridays on the ARRL Web
> site.
>
> __________________________________
>
> ==>IN BRIEF:
>
> * This weekend on the radio: The JIDX CW Contest, the ARCI Spring QSO
Party,
> the EU Spring Sprint (SSB), the Georgia QSO Party, the Yuri Gagarin
> International DX Contest, the UBA Spring Contest (SSB) and the SARL Hamnet
> 40-Meter Simulated Emergency Contest are the weekend of April 9-10. The
222
> MHz Spring Sprint is April 12, the RSGB 80-Meter Club Championship (SSB),
is
> April 13 and the YLRL DX-YL to NA-YL Contest (SSB) is April 13-15. JUST
> AHEAD: The Holyland DX Contest, the TARA Skirmish Digital Prefix Contest,
> the ES Open HF Championship, the EU Spring Sprint (CW), the Michigan and
> Ontario QSO parties, and the YU DX Contest are the April 16-17 weekend.
The
> NAQCC Weeknight 40/80-Meter Sprint and the 432 MHz Spring Sprint are April
> 20. The RSGB 80-Meter Club Championship (Data) is April 21. See the ARRL
> Contest Branch page <http://www.arrl.org/contests/>; and the WA7BNM Contest
> Calendar <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/index.html>; for more info.
>
> * ARRL Certification and Continuing Education course registration:
> Registration for the Technician Licensing course (EC-010) remains open
> through Sunday, April 10. Classes begin Frid    ay,April22.Withthe
> assistance of a mentor, EC-010 students learn everything they need to know
> to pass the FCC Technician class license examination. To learn more, visit
> the ARRL Certification and Continuing Education Web page
> <http://www.arrl.org/cce/>; or contact the ARRL Certification and
Continuing
> Education Program Department cce@...
>
> * Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Course registration: Registration
> for the ARRL Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Level II on-line
course
> (EC-002) opens Monday, April 11, at 1201 AM EST and will remain open until
> all available seats have been filled or through the April 16-17
> weekend--whichever comes first. Class begins Frida
y,April29.Thankstoour
> grant sponsors--the Corporation for National and Community Service and the
> United Technologies Corporation--the $45 registration fee paid upon
> enrollment will be reimbursed after successful completion of the course.
Act
> now! This is the final year of the grant-subsidized classes! Radio
amateurs
> age 55 and older are strongly encouraged to participate. During this
> registration period, seats are being offered to ARRL members on a
> first-come, first-served basis. To learn more, visit the ARRL
Certification
> and Continuing Education Web page <http://www.arrl.org/cce>;. For more
> information, contact Emergency Communications Course Manager Dan Miller,
> K3UFG, cce@...; 860-594-0340.
>
> * FT5XO Kerguelen Island DXpedition logs nearly 68,000 contacts: The
recent
> FT5XO Kerguelen Island DXpedition racked up 67,954 QSOs during its 11-plus
> days of operation in late March. Located in the subantarctic region of the
> Indian Ocean, Kerguelen (IOTA AF-048)--also known as "Desolation
Island"--is
> ranked as the 13th most-wanted DXCC entity worldwide and the 10th
> most-wanted in the US. The multinational Microlite Penguins DXpedition
> Team--AG9A, GI0NWG, HB9ASZ, M0DXR, N6MZ, N0TT, SP5XVY, VE3EJ, VK6DXI,
W3WL,
> W7EW and 9V1YC--reports that 68 percent of the contacts were made on
> CW--many of them on 40 and 30 meters--while 29 percent were on SSB and 3
> percent on RTTY. European DXers were the primary beneficiaries, accounting
> for slightly more than one-half of the FT5XO contacts made. Japan followed
> with 21 percent, and the US at 17 percent. The DXpedition was organized
and
> sponsored by the Northern California DX Foundation. QSL FT5XO via
> VE3XN.--George Fremin III, K5TR
>
> * Digital Communications Conference issues call for papers: The 24th
annual
> ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference is soliciting technical
> papers for presentation at the conference and for publication in the
> conference Proceedings. The event will be held September 23-25 in Santa
Ana,
> California. Presentation at the conference is not required for
publication.
> Submit papers by August 9 to Maty Weinberg, KB1EIB, ARRL 225 Main St,
> Newington, CT 06111 or via e-mail to maty@... Additional conference
> information is on the DCC Web site <http://www.tapr.org/dcc/>;.
>
> * Volunteers needed for endangered bat research: ARRL Amateur Radio
> Direction Finding Coordinator Joe Moell, K0OV, is asking radio amateurs in
> the Northeast to assist in a wildlife radio-tracking project from
mid-April
> to early May. "The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
> is placing tiny VHF radio transmitters on Indiana bats--an endangered
> species--as they leave their winter homes in two caves," Moell says. "The
> goal is to track them to determine their summer habitat." According to
> wildlife technician Carl Herzog, AB2SI, 40 bats will be trapped, tagged
and
> released as they emerge from caves in the Watertown and Kingston areas.
> Possible destinations are in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,
> Connecticut, Ontario and Quebec. Initial tracking will be by aircraft.
When
> breeding locations are determined, the bats' activity will be monitored
from
> the ground. The tiny transmitters are on six spot frequencies between 150
> and 151 MHz. Herzog expects the bats to emerge around April 15, but he
notes
> that the exact date will depend on the weather--and especially the
> temperature. Moell says a receiver with SSB/CW capability will give
optimum
> range. "Volunteers with high fixed antennas and computer logging equipment
> in their homes may be able to detect flyover and roosting," he said.Visit
> Moell's Homing In Web site <http://www.homingin.com/>; for project updates
> and additional information on biological radio tags and the best equipment
> to monitor them.
>
> * Michael Heiler, KA0ZLG, wins March QST Cover Plaque Award: The winner of
> the QST Cover Plaque Award for March is Michael Heiler, KA0LZG, for his
> article "A Backpacker's Delight--The Folding J-Pole." Congratulations,
> Michael! The winner of the QST Cover Plaque award--given to the author or
> authors of the best article in each issue--is determined by a vote of ARRL
> members on the QST Cover Plaque Poll Web page
> <http://www.arrl.org/members-only/QSTvote.html>;. Cast a ballot for your
> favorite article in the April issue by April 30.
>
> * Special event set for Visalia DX Convention: Special event station N6V
> will be on the air April 15-16, 1600-0200 UTC, from the 56th annual
> International DX Convention in Visalia, California. Convention attendees
are
> invited to operate the station. Operation will be on 14.190-14.240 MHz
days
> and 7.175-7.250 MHz evenings. QSL via operator's instructions, and include
> an SASE with all QSL requests. Contact K6AER for more information.

> The ARRL Letter is published Fridays, 50 times each year, by the American
> Radio Relay League--The National Association For Amateur Radio--225 Main
St,
> Newington, CT 06111; tel 860-594-0200; fax 860-594-0259;
> <http://www.arrl.org>;. Jim Haynie, W5JBP, President.
>
> The ARRL Letter offers a weekly e-mail digest of essential news of
interest
> to active amateurs. The ARRL Letter strives to be timely, accurate,
concise,
> and readable. Visit ARRLWeb <http://www.arrl.org>; for the latest news,
> updated as it happens. The ARRL Web site <http://www.arrl.org/>; offers
> access to news, informative features and columns. ARRL Audio News
> <http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/audio/>; is a weekly "ham radio newscast"
> compiled from The ARRL Letter.
>
> Material from The ARRL Letter may be republished or reproduced in whole or
> in part in any form without additional permission. Credit must be given to
> The ARRL Letter and The American Radio Relay League.
>
> ==>Delivery problems (ARRL member direct delivery only!):
> letter-dlvy@...
> ==>Editorial questions or comments: Rick Lindquist, N1RL, n1rl@...
> ==>ARRL News on the Web: <http://www.arrl.org>;
> ==>ARRL Audio News: <http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/audio/>; or call
> 860-594-0384
>
> ==>How to Get The ARRL Letter
>
> The ARRL Letter is available to ARRL members free of charge directly from
> ARRL HQ. To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your address for e-mail
> delivery:
> ARRL members first must register on the Members Only Web Site
> <http://www.arrl.org/members/>;. You'll have an opportunity during
> registration to sign up for e-mail delivery of The ARRL Letter, W1AW
> bulletins, and other material. To change these selections--including
> delivery of The ARRL Letter--registered members should click on the
"Member
> Data Page" link (in the Members Only box). Click on "Modify membership
> data," check or uncheck the appropriate boxes and/or change your e-mail
> address if necessary. (Check "Temporarily disable all automatically sent
> email" to temporarily stop all e-mail deliveries.) Then, click on "Submit
> modification" to make selections effective. (NOTE: HQ staff members cannot
> change your e-mail delivery address. You must do this yourself via the
> Members Only Web Site.)
>
> The ARRL Letter also is available to all, free of charge, from these
> sources:
>
> * ARRLWeb <http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/>;. (NOTE: The ARRL Letter will
be
> posted each Friday when it is distributed via e-mail.)
>
> * The QTH.net listserver, thanks to volunteers from the Boston Amateur
Radio

         Compra o vende de manera diferente en www.egrupos.net