Peter I DX pedition
I am afraid we have bad news. At 1 AM local time today we learned that
our charter vessel, the Cavendish Sea, had not yet sailed from the port of
Comodoro Rivadavia. The Cavendish Sea was to sail to Ushuaia to pick up the
Dxpedtion team and their equipment on Friday, Feb 18th. We were to sail
Because they have delayed their arrival until Sunday, and with a
projected Monday departure, we have simply run out time. This latest delay
on top of numerous previous delays, simply makes it impossible for us to
spend a sufficient amount of time on Peter I to justify the DXpedition this
So, we have no choice but to postpone the DXpedition until 2006. We
believe it is essential to allow enough time on Peter I to justify the
monetary investment made by the team members, our sponsors, individual
contributors, DX Clubs, DX Foundations.
After having the first vessel, the Antarctic Dream, default on their
contract with us, then the helicopter company default on their contract and
then after putting everything back together with an new boat and helicopter
on this past Tuesday, the team has been on quite an emotional rollercoaster.
Our sincerest thanks to everyone for the encouragement and support you
offered us during this time.
Bob Allphin, K4UEE
Ralph Fedor, K0IR