Asunto:[dxcolombia] Fw: [dx-list] Lastest 3Y0X Press Release
Fecha:Viernes, 21 de Enero, 2005  11:03:05 (-0500)
Autor:HK3CW <hk3cw @.......com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Greenbaum" <don@...>
To: <dx-list@...>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 10:56 AM
Subject: [dx-list] Lastest 3Y0X Press Release

PRESS RELEASE # 10

RE: Peter I Dxpedition -3Y0X- New Dates

From: Ralph, K0IR
           Bob, K4UEE

January 21, 2005

Our last press release announced a delay in the 3Y0X Dxpedition to Peter
I.  We can now give you more specific information.

The vessel we have chartered could not meet the original sailing date.  The
renovations and modifications taking place on the ship were not completed
on schedule.  K4UEE and LA6VM just returned from a visit to Chile that
included an inspection of the team's chartered vessel, a meeting with the
CEO of the charter company and the shipyard project supervisor, and an
inspection of the team's equipment/supplies in our sea container stored in
Punta Arenas.

We were disappointed to see that the ship is still not ready.  Work is
progressing, however, and the charter company tells us they expect to be
ready to sail for Peter I on February 10.  We are not entirely confident
the work can be completed on time, but the team is prepared to assemble in
Punta Arenas, Chile on February 8.

If all things go well, we will arrive at the island about 6-7 days after
departure, depending on the route, weather, and ice conditions.  Our
landing operations will commence immediately once the weather allows for
safe helicopter operation.

We will first establish a safe, secure, and self-sufficient camp.  Once
this is complete we will begin setting up stations and antennas.  We will
be on the air as soon as possible, but this too is dependent on the
conditions on the island.  Blizzards, high winds, and low visibility are
very real potential problems.  We still plan to bring up 9 stations with
amplifiers and a large array of antennas.   Despite the schedule change,
the team still hopes to spend 2 full weeks on the island.  And, very
importantly, our entire team remains intact.

The state of preparation of the ship, the location, complex logistics,
weather, and sea ice are all challenges and largely out of our control.  We
will do all that is within our power to complete this DXpedition safely and
within this new time frame.  If all goes well and we sail as planned on
February 10, we will return to Punta Arenas on March 10th.  Check our web
site, <http://www.peterone.com/>;www.peterone.com, regularly for updates.
N1DG--Licensed since 1962
EX-WB2DND, A61AD (GUEST OP, QSL MGR), A52DG, /KH9, /BV, /VS6, /4X, /9V
Pilot:  3Y0X, VK9ML, D68C, VK0IR, K8XP/KH9, 9M0C, ZK1XXP, ZL9CI
Webmaster:  3Y0X, K5K, A52A, VK0IR, 9M0C, ZK1XXP, WB2DND/KH9, BQ9P, ZL9CI
QSL Manager:  A61AD, A61AO, A61X, A61AQ, KH7Z
Member:  FOC, ARRL, DDXA, YCCC
DON GREENBAUM
DUXBURY, MA, USA
AIM:  aurumtel

The following bulletins are published on the DX-list.

ARRL W1AW DX Bulletin on Thursday.
ARRL W1AW Propagation Bulletin on Friday.
OPDX Newsletter from KB8NW on Sunday.
425 DX News from Mauro, I1JQJ, weekly
NW7US E-alerts once daily plus specials as needed.

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

http://www.eListas.net/
El sistema de Listas de correo y Newsletters más completo de la Red

  Algunos de los cientos de artículos en venta/subasta en eGrupos.net
 * Obras de Arte de estilo PICASSIANO (3200 EUR)
   -->> http://www.egrupos.net/artid/638

 * Apartamento para  vacaciones (6000 EUR)
   -->> http://www.egrupos.net/artid/639

 * Vivienda (143000 EUR)
   -->> http://www.egrupos.net/artid/640

 ¿Tienes algo que deseas vender? ¿O comprar? Visita ya WWW.EGRUPOS.NET