Asunto:[CeHuNews] 15/02 - Neoliberalism in Latin America
Fecha:Martes, 24 de Septiembre, 2002  23:34:29 (-0300)
Autor:Humboldt <humboldt @............ar>

CeHuNews 15/02

Dear colleagues:

I am co-organizing a set of paper sessions for the AAG conference on neoliberalism, state restructuring and development in Latin America.  One of the sessions will be focused on environmental impacts of neoliberal reform and development (see below).

Unfortunately,  I just heard from one of the participants in that session that she won't be able to make it to the conference, so there is one slot open for that session.   If you are interested, or if you have any questions, please contact me directly, at  taperrea@maxwell.syr.edu

The title of the session is, "Geographies of Development and Neoliberalism in Latin America III: Neoliberal Reform, Resource Rights and Environment."  This session will examine the effects of neoliberal state reform and development strategies on environmental regulation, privatization of resources, and struggles over livelihoods and resource rights in Latin America.  Participants will be asked to send a complete paper to the session discussant at least two weeks prior to the conference.

Other sessions in this series focus on state restructuring, gender, and social movements.

Thanks,

Tom Perreault

Thomas Perreault, Ph.D.
Department of Geography
The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
Syracuse University
144 Eggers Hall
Syracuse, New York  13244-1020

Tel: (315)443-9467