Asunto:[CeHuNews] 48/06 - The sad passing of Adalberto Vallega
Fecha:Viernes, 24 de Noviembre, 2006  20:35:59 (+0000)
Autor:Alexander von Humboldt <cehumboldt @.........ar>

CeHuNews 48/06

Dear All,

It is with great sorrow that I announce that our colleague Adalberto Vallega,
President
of the International Geographical Union, passed away this morning (Wednesday,
22nd
November 2006).

The funeral will be held on Friday 24th November in the Catholic church of Vezzi
Portio,
the small town in inland Liguria , Italy , where Adalberto spent the final part
of his
life. The religious service will be held privately.

Please find enclosed a concise presentation of Adalberto Vallega’s scientific
profile and
activities. A detailed CV, together with his bibliography may be found on, and
downloaded
from www.vallega.it, and www.vallega.eu.

For messages of condolence, please contact the Home of Geography:
homeofgeography@...,  g.bellezza@... or
d.bissell@...

Donations in memory of Adalberto Vallega may be made to the Promotion and
Solidarity Fund
of the International Geographical Union, in care of the IGU Secretariat in
Arlington ,
Virginia . They will be used to help young geographers and geographers from
developing
countries.

Best regards,

Giuliano Bellezza

=================================

Prof Giuliano Bellezza
Director, Home of Geography
International Geographical Union IGU/Union Géographique Internationale
Home of Geography/Maison de la Géographie
Villa Celimontana
Via della Navicella, 12
00184 Rome
Italy