Asunto:[CeHuNews] CeHu News 16/06 - ISA Job watch: 1 post
Fecha:Sabado, 22 de Abril, 2006  17:58:27 (+0000)
Autor:Alexander von Humboldt <cehumboldt @.........ar>

Research Economist
CAF is a multilateral financial institution that promotes sustainable
development and
regional integration, through an efficient mobilization of international
financial
resources and other strategic activities in benefit of its shareholder
countries. It is
committed to the design and implementation of a new development agenda for Latin
America,
aimed at achieving high sustained growth that is socially equitable,
environmentally
sustainable and globally competitive, as well as the reduction of poverty in the
region
and the strengthening of democratic governance. CAF´s main shareholders are the
five
countries of the Andean Community (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and
Venezuela), as
well as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Spain, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama,
Paraguay,
Dominican Republic, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay and sixteen private banks in the region.

We are currently seeking a Research Economist for our Public Policies and
Competitiveness
Office. This is a great opportunity to be part of a multi-skilled and
multicultural
research team that is responsible for the interpretation of the main tendencies
and
development issues concerning our region today, addressed to policy makers in
our
shareholder countries and the academic community. The duties also include
supporting
CAF´s strategic planning process and counselling to the Office of the Executive
President.

We are particularly interested in Economists whose research focuses on issues
such as
applied microeconomics, labour markets, industrial organization, applied
econometrics (2
years minimum).

The ideal candidate should have a PhD in Economics and experience with standard
databases
(Stata, E-Views, Matlab and others). Excellent communication skills and strong
analytical
and quantitative abilities. Bilingual (English and Spanish) is essential.

We offer regional and international exposure, an attractive salary and a
productive work
environment.

This position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Caracas,
Venezuela.
Interested candidates that meet requirements please register and apply through
our
employment  section in our website www.caf.com or send your CV by e-mail with
a covering
letter and details of current salary to fcamejo@...