Asunto:[CeHuNews] 249/03 - Dear Latin Americanist Friends and Colleagues
Fecha:Viernes, 24 de Octubre, 2003  19:22:07 (-0300)
Autor:humboldt <humboldt @...............ar>

CeHuNews 249/03

 Dear Latin Americanist Friends and Colleagues:

          On behalf of the Stone Center for Latin American Studies at Tulane
  University, I am pleased to invite you to attend a day-long dissemination
  workshop on Saturday, December 6, 2003, in New Orleans at Tulane University.

  The theme of the workshop is Teaching Latin America in the 21st Century.  Over

  the past three years, we have been conducting an evaluation and an assessment

 of
  trends in Latin American Area Studies and its relationship to curriculum and
  would like to share the findings of our work with you.  Over these past three

  years, in addition to undertaking an internal evaluation of our Latin American

  Studies curriculum at Tulane, we have invited a number of external consultants

  from the Latin Americanist academic community to visit Tulane, to review our
  program and curriculum, and to make a formal presentation of their thoughts on

  the future of Latin American Area Studies as a field of intellectual inquiry
 and
  academic work.  We are now finalizing our synthesis
   f this evaluation which we would like to share with you.
          The workshop will consist of a morning session and an afternoon
 session
  on Saturday, December 6, 2003.  During the morning session, select faculty and

  staff affiliated with the Stone Center at Tulane will host a roundtable panel

  session during which the topics of integrated curriculum design (at the
  secondary, post-secondary, and advanced graduate training levels), area
 studies
  pedagogy, program administration and development, relevant Latin American area

  studies content trends in the current global and local environments, and
  outreach initiatives will be presented and discussed.  The afternoon session
  will be a moderated, participatory session during which time participants will

  be able to integrate the ideas generated in the morning session with their own

  particular institutional and academic contexts, strategizing about both design

  and implementation of an effective, innovative, and forward-thinking Latin
  American area studies
  curriculum.
          The Stone Center will also host for all participants a continental
  breakfast on Saturday and a small wine/cheese reception at the end of the
  activities.
          If you are interested in attending this workshop, please be in touch
  with me as soon as possible so that I can communicate to you further details
 of
  the workshop.  Please also feel free to forward this announcement to any other

  person you feel might benefit from attending and participating in this
  workshop.
          I will look forward to hearing from you presently.

  Sincerely,
     Jimmy Huck

  James D. Huck, Jr., Ph.D.
  Assistant Director and Graduate Advisor
  Stone Center for Latin American Studies (http://stonecenter.tulane.edu)
  Tulane University                                 Phone: (504) 862-3148
  100 Jones Hall                                        Fax: (504) 865-6719
  New Orleans, LA 70118-5698              Email: jhuck@...
  Info by Dr. David Robinson

Visita nuestro patrocinador:

            ¿Quieres ver tus sueños ... hechos realidad?

          !!ENTRA EN CLUB CONCURSOS!!  GARANTIA DE PREMIO ...

                  Ganarás coches, Viajes, Ordenadores,
                       y hasta 1 Millón al día !

¡PULSA AQUI! -> http://elistas.net/ml/125/