Asunto:[CeHuNews] 34/02 - Call for teaching
Fecha:Jueves, 14 de Noviembre, 2002  15:33:22 (-0300)
Autor:Humboldt <humboldt @............ar>

NORTH CAROLINA, ASHEVILLE, 28815-9000.  Warren Wilson College.  Faculty position, beginning August 1, 2003, in geography, with area expertise in Latin America (preferably outside of Mexico).  Ph.D. and teaching experience are required.   Teaching responsibilities include introductory courses in geography, courses on GIS skills and applications, a survey course on Latin America, and upper level courses in the applicant’s specialty.   The opportunity exists to design and teach short term field courses as part of the Warren Wilson WorldWide Program.  Successful candidates will demonstrate teaching excellence and an interest in varied instructional approaches and will teach the equivalent of six, 4-credit courses per year.  We seek individuals with the following characteristics:  a solid academic background, with a generalist orientation and interdisciplinary interests; a committed interest in our triad of academic study, work, and service; and a desire to teach regularly in the College-wide general education program.  Second language proficiency is highly desirable, as is experience in off-campus and international learning.

Warren Wilson College is an independent liberal arts college of 770 undergraduates from more than 15 countries, located on a beautiful 1135-acre campus in the Blue Ridge Mountains, near Asheville, North Carolina, one of America’s most livable cities.  The College offers a triad education program combining study, work, and service and has been widely recognized as progressive and committed to social, environmental, and global awareness.  For more information about the College and our programs, visit http://www.warren-wilson.edu.  We desire a diverse faculty and a community that reflects a global outlook.  We particularly invite applications from ethnic minorities or other groups historically underrepresented in academia.  Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, official graduate transcripts, evidence of teaching excellence, and three letters of reference.

Review of applications will begin December 1 and continue until the position is filled.

Apply:   Dr. Virginia McKinley, Vice-President for Academic Affairs, Warren Wilson College, P.O. Box 9000, Asheville, NC  28815-9000.

.