|Asunto:||[CeHuNews] 62/03 - About Mike Meadows, a geographer from South Afrika|
|Fecha:||Sabado, 17 de Mayo, 2003 13:35:50 (-0300)|
|Autor:||Humboldt <humboldt @............ar>
Michael E Meadows
(Hons) Sussex, UK, 1976, PhD Cambridge, UK, 1982
Professor and Head of Department of Environmental and Geographical
Faculty of Sciences - University of Cape Town
- Quaternary environmental change.
- Vegetation history.
- Soil erosion.
- Land degradation and desertification.
- First year undergraduate course in Biogeography and
- EGS314S - Environmental Change
- Honours course - Quaternary Palaeoecology
- MPhil course - Ecology and Environmental Management
- Editor of The South African Geographical Journal
- Fellow: Society of South African Geographers
- Council Member of The South African Geographical Society
- National Committee Member for South Africa, International
- Full Member IGU Commission on Land Degradation
- My family: Alison and two children, Olivia (Polly) and
George, one black labrador (Lily, also affectionately known as Pudding), road
and cross-country running, Everton Football Club.